We believe that good oral hygiene, a healthy lifestyle and regular dental visits are the best way maintain a healthy mouth. We believe in preventative dental treatment, which means our goal is to maintain your dental health and achieve your desired cosmetic outcomes with the least invasive treatment possible.
A preventative dental approachaims for prevention or early detection of potential problems, such as gingivitis, periodontitis and decay. We therefore, recommend a thorough dental check-up every 6 to 12 months.
Dental check-ups usually involve:
- A thorough examination, focusing on your teeth, gums and soft tissue
- Two bite-wing x-rays, to examine inside your teeth and below your gum line (x-rays are generally only required every 1 to 2 years)
- Scaling and polishing of your teeth
- A discussion surrounding any concerns or dental queries you may have
- An evaluation and discussion surrounding possible cosmetic smile enhancements
- An evaluation and recommendation of required treatment and your options (this is provided to you in the form of a dental treatment plan)
A healthy mouth requires maintenance. In addition to your regular dental check-ups, we recommend that you endeavour to maintain good oral hygiene habits at home. This can be achieved by following a few simple steps:
- Thoroughly brush and floss your teeth every day
- Use a toothpaste that contains fluoride
- Limit your sugar intake – it’s about frequency not quantity. We also recommend that you brush your teeth after eating sweet foods.
- Don’t smoke
- Avoid acidic food and drink
If you would like to know more, please contact our friendly team to book your consultation now.